Saturday, November 5, 2011

Still Alive


When I first began creating this blog I wondered how long it would be before my inconsistency kicked in. Obviously it didn’t take too long; however I feel I have the right to blame some of my wavering procrastination on my Chronic Illness. After all, everyone who has ever been sick knows that feeling like death warmed over is an automatic excuse to neglect the living world and rekindle your friendship with your bed and television. 

Being sick for prolonged periods of time certainly takes its toll on you in several ways. The frivolous luxuries such as going out with friends are retired and you become very aware of what is truly important. Then you separate what is truly important (family, friends, health) from what is absolutely necessary in order to survive day by day. Some days the to do list is as simple as; take medicine, drink water, pee (if a must). Procrastination becomes your worthy companion that you become dependent on, and that is perfectly ok with you. So here’s to surviving while fighting for a healthier self... and attempting to revive my deteriorating blog in the process!

Keep wishing for those stars, and one day one will fall just to make your wish come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment